National Cadet Corps (NCC)
National Cadet Corps is a Tri-Services Organization comprising the Army, Navy and Air Force, engaged in grooming the youth – ‘The Leaders of Tomorrow’ – into disciplined and patriotic citizens. The genesis of the NCC can be traced back to the First World War when the Britishers created the University Corps as the second line of defense and to have a large pool of trained youth available for employment into the Armed Forces.
After independence the present day NCC under the Ministry of Defence came into existence on 16 Apr 1948 through NCC act XXXI, 1948. NCC was formally inaugurated on 15 Jul 1948 as soon as the schools and colleges reopened after summer vacation. The Girls Division of the NCC was started in Jul 1949. In 1950 Air Wing was added on 01 Apr with one Air squadron each at Bombay and Kolkata. The Naval Wing of the NCC was raised in Jul 1952, thus completing the true representation of all services in the Corps. Presently, NCC has approximately 13 Lakhs Cadets under its fold.
Aim of NCC
NCC Officers Training Academy (OTA), Gwalior, housed in the erstwhile PRINCES' PALACE of the Scindias is a premier NCC trg institution to harness ' Women Power'. It is the only one of its kind in India and ' Alma Mater' for all Whole Time Lady Offrs ( WTLOs ), Associate NCC Offrs ( ANOs ) and Girl Cadet Instrs ( GCIs ) in the NCC, spread all over the country.
GEC College is the first engineering college of Gwalior Chambal region having facility of NCC. Currently College comprise of one wing having 54 cadets.
The main aim of NCC is to motivate youth and take up their career in armed force and learn discipline and honesty.
On 30 July 2010, Col. Gurvinder Singh, Commanding Officer, 15 MP BN NCC has graced the occasion of inauguration of NCC wing in the college.
On 21 November 2010, NCC day was successfully celebrated in the college.
Sanjay Singh Kushwah
|Gwalior Engineering College
Airport Road, Maharajpura, Gwalior (M.P.) - 474015
Phone: 0751-2479942; Fax : 0751-2479757; E-mail: email@example.com
|© Gwalior Engineering College||